Fuel Injection Servicing (EFI)
Your electronic fuel injection (EFI) system delivers fuel to the engine in a high speed and efficient manner, helping your vehicle to run smoothly. Symptoms of an EFI problem include the smell of fuel in the car, idling roughly, problems starting and frequent stalling. If you suspect you have a problem, bring your vehicle in for an inspection before it gets any worse.
Our EFI Services include
- Diagnostics, testing and inspection
- Repairs and replacements
- Cleaning your throttle valve, fuel filter and fuel injector
- Checking sensors
- Checking engine control unit (ECU)
Here’s a bit more about how we diagnose and fix problems with your EFI:
- Diagnostics are used to test your car’s ECU (electronic control unit). The ECU is a computer that controls the whole fuel injection process by taking in information from sensors spread throughout the vehicle and making “decisions” based on pre-programmed inputs
- Testing and visual inspections are made of your car’s sensors, throttle valve, fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel injectors to make sure they are working correctly
- Any leaks must be located and fixed – obviously we don’t want fuel leaking out anywhere
- Fuel lines, filters and valves can also become clogged so they’ll need to be unclogged
- If any sensors or the lines connecting them to the ECU are damaged they’ll need to be fixed or replaced. While your car technically might be able to function without these sensors, they keep track of information that is vital to your safety so your ECU will not let you run the vehicle until they are fixed
There are a number of other things we do, depending on what your problem it but this gives you a good idea to start.
For a high quality Fuel Injection Service at a competitive price and peace of mind servicing contact Kropps Mechanical Car Care!